Monday, March 15, 2010

And the Hits Just Keep On Coming

Yes, the rumors appear to be true. Two trips to Ethiopia will be required! We are possibly one or two months away from getting a referral and now we have been hit with two trips to Ethiopia. What does this mean? Well, it triggers all kinds of things. One, it means A LOT MORE MONEY. Flights to Ethiopia are not cheap. John and I talked and even if one parent can go on the last trip, we both want to go both times. So two flights to Ethiopia two times is much more money. And it means more time off. We are both working and taking another week and a half to travel means less time when the baby comes home. Two, it raises some flags about the program. Other countries that begin setting up more regulations begin to close down. So there is that concern.

What do we do? We have no idea. When we hear this news we want to react to it and try to find alternatives. "Maybe we can revisit domestic adoption" or "Let's find out how much of our money get refunded if we pull out of Ethiopia" Basically we are again paralyzed with decision making!

Ughhhh! Our agency is holding a conference call on the 25th to hopefully give us some kind of guidance and more information as to this new step in the process.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Wow. I know it can sometimes seem hard to see or understand the reason in obstacles put in our paths. You both continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

Leslie McIntosh said...

I can remember wanting to scream "why is this so hard?" Now I find myself wanting to scream it for you and John as well. However you react to this bump in the road, I know it will be with much prayer and discernment...I don't pretend to know how you guys are feeling at this point, but I do know that you have my prayers as long as you need them! Many hugs....

A Prayer to Guide Us Through This

Susan had lunch with a friend who shared this prayer with her:

Please infuse my being with your light--surround me with your love, that I may be lifted up and carried by your grace. Whisper into my thinking the inspiration that will help me through this. Help me be clear and calm. Embolden my heart with the courage to stay present and connected, for I know that in your presence lies my healing. I ask you to guide me-and everyone involved in this situation-every step of the way. Lift my spirit into a higher vibration that I may grow from this experience and become my greatest potential. Let there be a miracle. I am open and willing to have a miracle occur. Let the healer rise and take charge. I thank you in advance as I know that it is already so.